Monday, April 27, 2009

Grow Spring Grow!


When I headed out to my mini deck garden today to get some parsley for my lovely rice soup I realize this could be a good thing to share with you.

Not only does having plants improve your life it's also a great way to save a buck or two if you focus on cultivating a vegetable garden (for those with time, patience, and a green thumb) or some potted herbs and a lovely rosebush for people like me!

I grew 5 different kinds of herbs last year, but I never used them enough to keep them from overgrowing, so I decided on two this year - Parsley and Cilantro(Coriander.) It's been working out great and it's so nice to just grab a tablespoon or two and not waste half of a huge bunch.

I bought the plants for 3 or 4 bucks each and used 39 cent planters to give them bigger pots. I'll have nice fresh herbs all summer long and hopefully into the winter! What a savings!

With Vancouver's community gardens program, potential green thumbs would get a kick out of a great space work work on your craft, even if you live in an apartment.

1 comment:

OSAP Repayment
Final Goal Date: Sept 2009

Started: May 2008
Finished: JUNE 2009!!

$8200
-$8000
$0 .


TD Line of Credit
Final Goal Date: Sept 2012

Started: May 2009
Finished: ??

-$34000
Only $33,326 to go! .


$12000 in Emergency Savings
Final Goal Date: ASAP

Started: Jan 2008
Finished: ??

2.4k
-0
$12000 in savings .