Found my camera! here's one pic of the dish while cooking.
So, not only did my camera lose batteries, I've lost my cord to connect the pictures I did get to the computer, so sit tight.
I just had to share with you my delicious lunch. Simple and delicious.
I came home after a morning of shopping(eek!) and errands and I was STARVING! I bypassed the mall food court knowing I had spent too much (post following) and I had this fish in the fridge from Friday.
I've been wanting to try using a peeler to peel a whole zucchini and some carrots making long strands and then frying them in some olive oil and eating them like spaghetti. Now that I'm apparently gluten intolerant.. and any "gluten free" pastas make me sick I've pretty much avoided pasta for a long time.
I didn't add any tomato spaghetti sauce, but this simple dish came together great. I used a leftover lime from this week's tacos.
Lime: feat. Cod, Cumin, and Veggie Spaghetti
2 fillets of white fish (I used cod)
3-4 fat, long carrots, trimmed and peeled
1 big or two medium zucchini, trimmed and halved lengthwise if needed
1 tsp cumin, divided
Rice cooked (if desired)
1. Rinse fish and pat dry. Mix a little oil oil, 1/2 tsp cumin, s&p and coat fish on both sides. Set aside.
2. Use a veggie peeler (or a mandolin if you're incredible and have one) hold zucchini at fattest end and peel into long strips. Repeat with carrots.
3. Heat oil in large frying pan over medium high heat. add carrots and zucchini. Add s&p and remaining cumin (add more if you need/want it) and mix well. Let cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until veggies are cooked and water starts coming out of the zucchini.
4. Make room for fish in pan, add and cook until done. About 2-3 minutes per side.
5. Before you take it off the heat, add lime juice to pan and stir veggies to coat.
Serves two or one really hungry person.
-------Simple, delicious, and pretty healthy. The lime cuts through the oil amazingly. I was pretty impressed with myself.
The peeling didn't go that easily for me, but I have stupid fingers. Any bits that didn't get peeled I chopped up and put in before I added the veggie spaghetti. I suppose also this could be considered more of a fettucini unless you slice the peeled veggies into matchstick width pieces, but who has time for that. They fry nicely as it is.